Historic urban travel destination in France
Many people know Chartres as a perfect weekend break or a day trip from Paris, France.
They are right... it takes only about an hour trip by car or by train from Paris! You go in the morning, visit the cathedral then come back to the capital at the end of the day.
(Mouse over image for interesting info)
That's all? Don't you want to discover something more?
I invite you to discover more about it, a medieval city the the center of France. This website is about real information from a real person, that's me, who are living a new life experience in the city since a few years ago.
I will do my best to give you the most information about:
- Why people call it as a perfect weekend break from Paris, learn more about the city facts, discover the people and the region.
- Learn more about Chartres Cathedral, the finest Gothic cathedral in France and listed in UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979.
- Learn about other historic places, museums, beautiful parks in the city.
- All things to do and have fun - tourist attractions, annual festivals and events, not to mention thrilling adventures and many more.
- Find the best accommodation in the city – best hotels, bed and breakfast or stay close to nature ideas.
- Learn more about how traveling with public transport in the city, money-saving tip.
- Visit Loire Valley – outstanding nearby places, they are only short distance and too good to miss!
So now, do you think you need only a weekend time or a day trip to discover that all? It is you who decide... a day, a week or a lifetime ?
This website continues to grow as I continue to explore and share my experience with you... so please keep coming back here often to follow my updates!
Stay in touch with DC! Here's how...
Keep update using your favorite RSS reader that include Google Reader, My Yahoo!, My MSN etc. Use the subscription button below the navigation column on the left,
Stay connected on social medias - Simply click your favorite social media button on the top of the left column.
What other have to say about DC website
Bonsoir, I hope my comments do not appear silly but I
dreamt about walking a Labyrinth, I had had an operation on Friday, they
told me the bleeding will last a month, it has stopped.
I was ordering a
book on Amazon and came across the meaning of Labyrinths and was led to
your website. I would
love to visit the Cathedral, I am also a photographer so hopefully would
capture the beautiful architecture.
Kind regards, Karen - UK
Hi, I has been in Chartres few days ago and your website has been very
helpful to my wife and me to discover the city! This trip was for our
honeymoon and we don't regret it at all! Continue this good stuff and
again all our thanks ... Ciao, Roberto - Italy